AHD has been created for charitable and educational purposes of improving the quality of people‘s life in low-income African communities by:
- Contributing to the increase of agricultural production through the expansion of areas under cultivation, extending irrigation facilities, and the use of improved high yielding variety of seeds, better techniques, water management, and plant protection, judicious use of fertilizers, pesticides and cropping practices.
- Designing and implementing programs, services and facilities - aiming to build the capacity of Africans farmers in the use of modern agricultural techniques including use of adequate equipments, alternative energy such as solar energy, water management and energy conservation and independence, based on their needs.
- Helping to root out poverty by setting up and developing microenterprises in the agro-business sector, self-sufficient in grain production and other agro-industry products.
- Strengthening Health Systems serving these communities for effective integration of health promotion and disease prevention and treatment in areas such as HIV/AIDS, malaria, tuberculosis –(emerging & remerging diseases), maternal and child health.
- Creating opportunities for women to access education, business credit and effectively participate in the economic and social progress fight illiteracy and increase their access to adequate educational and vocational training.
- Encouraging the import/export of technology and general goods from and to the United States & other European countries and the African countries, respectively.
- Providing consultancy services and help to African countries, non-government organizations, and private companies to get access to foreign aids, and to facilitate financing of health and agriculture projects.